BitterSweetNess of the BreakUp

 

Mayflower Movers will be arriving tomorrow afternoon to move my household goods from Las Vegas, NV to Columbus, OH. As I looked around the home I shared with Harry for eight years, I was suddenly overwhelmed with a rush of mixed feelings. Seeing the front room filled with boxes of my personal belongings, I felt excited. The the next feeling was one of sorrow as I remembered the welcoming feeling of the front room where the conversation area and the dining area once stood. It was a warm and wonderful space for entertaining, but now it's gone. Walking through the room, I entered the kitchen and continued into our once cozy family room. I felt a pang of regret. There's no regret that the relationship has ended, but rather that the relationship didn't last until death do us part. 

When I entered the master bedroom, I looked up at the far end of the vaulted ceiling, seeing the quote Harry and I placed above the bumped-out area. It reads "when your eyes say that you love me, there is nothing said so sweet".  Remembering the day we put it in place brought back fond memories of  our love. Opening the door to the bedroom's walk-in closet was another reminder of tomorrow's events.  It's a display of empty hangers and bare space where my wardrobe hung and shoes were neatly placed on their rack. My mind's eye visioned my storage cubes with pink and cream canvas bins that were now given as donations to the local Goodwill store.  Even the guest room, office, and the garage have a different look and feel. My personal touch is nowhere to be found. 

For today, I'm still here in the home that Harry and I created. The bond between us is eternal and can never be broken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Fun Times

DMV of NV - Do Your Job Please

Miller's Tavern in Vegas July 7, 2022