My Four "R's"

Settling In
The "settling in" process is still not complete. We have single-handedly moved many boxes, plastic tubs, and more from our storage unit and into our home. After the multiple trips to and from the nearby unit, our front room is now a vision of brown cardboard shapes, various containers, and a dining room table. 

Unpacking into a home that is already filled with goods, linens, and full closets creates an issue. We are now experiencing exponential growth within the house. It's like the movie "Gremlins", the boxes seems to be recreating themselves during the night!

Being knee-deep in "stuff", we had to do something.  I have always met my challenges head-on, and so I'm moving full-steam ahead once again. I can now tell you the first names of all the intake workers at our local Goodwill drop-off.

Before I started to pack for my move back to Vegas, I downsized. All of my furniture, some household goods, linens and more found new homes. What started out as a need for a 10' truck soon became a need for a 12' trailer that wasn't even full en route! I gave myself a big pat on the back for being able to easily part with a good portion of my worldly possessions.  I just moved another milestone.  

Sentimental Items
I considered many things as I downsized. Getting rid of sentimental items is probably the hardest "let go" for most people. Putting it into perspective, I asked myself; "Who will take this I don't wake up tomorrow?"  Truth is, probably nobody. Most likely, your family and friends are already suffering with stuffed closets, tight drawers, a full garage, and overload. They have no room for another thing. 
 
My simple solution? I made a list of the things that mattered the most (to me) and gave that list to my son. He chose the items he wanted and the rest was history.  
 
There was no room for guilt as I gave away, donated, and sold items online. I felt good knowing that I found new homes for old things. 

Today, the world RECYCLES, REUSES, REPURPOSES, and REDUCES. I am proud to be a part of something so important to our environment and future generations. Help heal our planet.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Fun Times

DMV of NV - Do Your Job Please

Miller's Tavern in Vegas July 7, 2022