Mexican Train 10/21/2020

Mexican Train is by far my favorite strategic board games! As you can see from the picture below, it's a dominoes game. Each player is represented by a train and the first player to get rid of all of their dominoes is the winner of that round. It's a lot of fun as you build your train and try to hinder the other players from playing out their hand.

I viewed several YouTube videos so that my blog readers could become familiar with the rules. I found  there are many variations of the game. The video link I've posted below is the closest I found to the rules my group plays by. 

Click here for the YouTube video:  Mexican Train

Amazon.com: WE Games Mexican Train Dominoes: Toys & Games


In the video, you'll notice the players stand their dominoes on the table's surface. My game group uses wooden racks to hold the dominoes. These can be bought in just about any store that sells games.

Games can be held in your home or any coffee house that will host game players. My group has been hosted by Einstein Bros. Bagels, Panera Bread, Ikea's cafeteria, and other businesses around town. 

When hosting at home, ask your players bring appetizer or snacks. The host should provide the soft drinks, bottled water, paper plates, plastic ware, and napkins. I usually fix a relish tray too.     

A few other games our group favors include but are not limited to Rummikub, Pictionary, Michigan Rummy and various card games. I enjoy card games as much as the board games. Variety is still my spice of life!

Update on My Cross-Country Move 
For reasons I can not mention at this time, my move was postponed until October 30th. I'm disappointed but I realize that things happen for a reason.

My initial landing in Columbus, OH will be temporary as I'm subletting a partially furnished apartment for three months. There's a great park within walking distance and lots of conveniences very nearby. 

My home goods and furniture will go into storage. In the interim, I'll get acclimated to my new environment while searching the city for just the right place (and price) to call home. Today, I completed my first application for an apartment in a great community with two pools (one is indoors), a 24 hour fitness center, two picnic areas with grills, two party rooms, and more. Life is good! 

It's Halloween! 
Looking for spooky treats & food, drinks, pumpkin ideas, decor and costumes? Visit Food Network for all your at home Halloween celebration tips!



 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Fun Times

DMV of NV - Do Your Job Please

Miller's Tavern in Vegas July 7, 2022