Public Storage & Thanksgiving Tips


It's exactly one week to the day that I arrived in Columbus, OH. I'm elated to be back!

Now to get down to business. Bloggers should post once every 3 days or so, and I'm far behind schedule, but life is moving full speed ahead. 

Kansas City, MO was my last stop on the road. That was Tuesday, November 3rd and the last date I  blogged. I headed out that afternoon around 1:30PM after a much needed rest at the hotel. I drove until I reached my new homestead. What should have been a 9-10 hour road trip (without stops) took much longer due to my fatigue. 

It was 2:AM when I set foot in my Columbus, OH apartment. Needing a hot shower to relax and unwind, I headed into the bathroom with my overnight bag. It felt great to wash off the grime of the road. 

At 4:00AM, I was finally getting to bed, but not for long. I had to meet the moving truck, an 18-wheeler, at my storage space at 9:00AM. I rented a space with Public Storage, advised the contracting agent of the truck's size, and was promised a unit on the outside perimeter of the property.  However, I arrived to find that my space was within the boundary of an electronic gate and located at the back of the property, an area that would be difficult for a small moving truck to approach, let alone anything larger.

The manager checked his inventory, and luckily, there was one space just inside the e-gate. The mover had to unload his trailer and wheel everything into the space on a dolly from the parking area. This man was an angel. He never complained, and stated that he'd work with whatever challenge he faced. I have to give credit where it's due. My load was placed into storage in a very neat and organized manner. Andres took the time to read the labels on the boxes, carefully placing the boxes containing my clothing and other personal items in the front of the unit for easy access. Thank you Andres!  

The next day, Thursday, my BF was in town! We had a great lunch together and went out that evening with a couple other friends. What a nice day.

Friday was a day to get things settled. Saturday was my 66th birthday. I spent the day with my son, and that's the first birthday we were together in a number of years. What more could a mom ask for! It was a wonderful day. 

Since then, the days seem to be flying by as I'm planting my roots in Columbus, OH once again. 

Thanksgiving Holiday Tips

1. Set the table the night before but only if you don't have overnight guests. You may need the table for breakfast. 

2. Empty all trash cans the night before. We line our cans with extra garbage bags. I typically put my extra bags in the bottom of the can and place six at a time. This is all year round in my home.

3.  If you have overnight guests, set up a breakfast bar at the kitchen counter. Put out a stack of bowls, paper plates, plastic ware and napkins. Our breakfast bar consists of two boxes of cereal, bagels and cream cheese or muffins, fruit, juice, coffee, and instant oatmeal. Breakfast ends promptly at 10:00AM. 

4. Make life easy for yourself. Ask guests to bring the pies, assign easy side dishes and/or dinner rolls, bags of ice, and other small dinner items.

5. Now is the time to take inventory of your food storage bags, aluminum foil, napkins, dish soap, liquid hand soap, wipes, trash bags, and other similar items. Other things you can buy ahead of time: butter, oil, salad dressing, and items that don't spoil. 

What tips do you have to share?

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Fun Times

DMV of NV - Do Your Job Please

Miller's Tavern in Vegas July 7, 2022