My Cross-Country Move Delayed! Find out why.....

It was the morning of October 16, 2020 and the movers were scheduled to arrive. I awoke at 5:30AM, excited to finalize my big move. None of the boxes were sealed as I thought I may want to make some changes. I looked around, doubled checked closets and drawers. After feeling satisfied that I hadn't overlooked anything, I busied myself sealing the 21 boxes and 6 plastic tubs. My little red Jeep was ready for the road too. She had a full tank of gas, the netting on the doors were stuffed with masks, tissue, and more. I was ready for my long haul across the USA. 

After all was said and done, I showered and dressed, anticipating the estimated time of arrival for the movers. Each time my phone rang, I expected it to be the moving company announcing "We're on our way!" During the wait, Harry and I decided to get pizza, and we tried Marco's for the first time. 

Marco's Pizza is delicious! They are running a special right now, unlimited number of pizzas for $6.99 each, medium one-topping. We ordered two large pizzas, one plain and one deluxe. I'm the deluxe as nothing in my world is plain, therefore, my blog name. Anyway, we chatted and ate, and all the while I'm thinking it's probably my last meal and my last day with Harry. 

Much to my surprise, at 5:15PM, the movers called and announced they were in Los Angeles! The voice announced they aren't going to make it to Las Vegas until my backup date. "Isn't your backup date Monday?" asked the rep. Trying to stay calm I advised him that my backup date is Saturday, 10/17.  After some bantering, the rep stated he'll try to get another truck and call me back in two hours. It's now 24 hours later on 10/17, and I still have no call. 

While conversing with the moving representative, I find that he seems to think this shouldn't be a problem. Why can't I go to Ohio and they will do the pick up Monday? WHAT??? I advise this is NOT going to happen.  His next statement? "You're furniture won't be in Ohio for a couple weeks anyway." My next statement? Yep, I know. I'm driving to Ohio, my furniture is going into storage, and I need you to get here ASAP so that I can start my trip. It's a 3-4 day drive, and I'm expected to be there at the LATEST next Wednesday. My apartment is ready, and I have people expecting me to be there.

And, here's another shade of Sharon:  What I wanted to say "WTF! What freaking planet do you live on junior? How about you get your a@@ here now and load my furniture."   

I was hesitant to put that in writing, but now it's done and I'm leaving it. I am a REAL person. When logic fails, one must resort to other tactics. Although, I did manage to refrain, so it's a successful day after all. Smiling my a@@ off!

I'm not a person to sit around and mope, so I'm using this time to get familiar with my new GoPro Hero 9 Black, list my skill set for the creation of a new resume, and take a look at the job market in Columbus, OH. 

By the way, I'm new to GoPro and will be recording my trip, especially when I drive through the majestic Rocky Mountains.  If any of you have tips, please comment. 

GoPro HERO9 Black Action Camera Bundle zoom

 Please subscriber to my blog. Visit https://fiftyshadesofsharon.blogspot.com/

Thanks for visiting this page!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Fun Times

DMV of NV - Do Your Job Please

Miller's Tavern in Vegas July 7, 2022