Doing R&R

This morning, I woke up with the usual mental list of chores and deadlines on my mind. However, the list was different today. It kept rolling through my mind like a freight train, but the caboose was nowhere in sight. My train's cars all had labels: laundry, unpack, dinner, organize kitchen, voicemail, shower, car wash, water plants, pay bills; the list was endless. Not wanting to think about it, I focused on getting my coffee and ice water.  I felt fatigued and suddenly realized that I have not been taking the time to RECHARGE and REFRESH! 

My R&R has many forms, but my best times take place being next to nature. In Columbus, I often enjoyed the trails and the parks in and around the city. I had found a place close to home that was like a hidden valley, practically untouched, surrounded by trees, a brook, wildflowers, and wildlife.  My hidden spot had an array of animals living in peace and harmony; deer, owls and owlets, cardinals, blue jays, a couple pair of ducks, squirrels, and chipmunks. I felt very fortunate that I could walk through this wonderful haven. It became a routine for many months.

Thoughts about what I previously did here in Vegas for R&R came flooding back. My best times were the times when Harry and I would ride the trails in his Jeep! Many times, we had the pleasure of being among wild horses and having close encounters with these beautiful animals. Wild donkeys, jackrabbits, deer, coyote, and desert bighorn sheep make a home nearby. 

There's a lot of options in and around Las Vegas to get in touch with nature. It's all wondrous sights to be seen. 

                Today's blog song:  "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole


 Photo taken while I was hiking on a trail in Dublin, OH. 

Saturday, April 23, 2022

 






 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Fun Times

DMV of NV - Do Your Job Please

Miller's Tavern in Vegas July 7, 2022