Our Journey - Dealing with Complications!

Our Journey - Day 3

June 17, 2022

The long-distance move became complicated yesterday afternoon. Our original plan was to make the move with a U-haul truck and drive my Jeep from Columbus, OH to Las Vegas, NV.  I made the appropriate reservations with U-haul and hired professional movers.   

As always, things changed. My son announced that he is moving from a rented room into a 3-bedroom home. Of course I made him an offer to take all of my furniture! Soon enough, everything was moved to another city 90 miles away and put into storage for the future. My reservation with U-haul was updated to their largest trailer, a 12' x 6' pull-along. 

Without the furniture, I have been sleeping on an air mattress the size and height of a double bed. It's quite comfy! My only luxury is now one TV standing atop a moving container. I feel like a kid experiencing my first apartment.

As of yesterday, we were within 72 hours of the move. We decided to measure our load. Harry came up with a great idea! Using the measurements of the inside of the trailer, we created an area in the front room accordingly. We began to fill the space and came up short. OMG! It became a race to downsize and we began another project. Working through the midnight hour, we repacked, recycled, and filled boxes with donations for charity. 

I woke up today with a new outlook. My perspective of what I value in life changed overnight. I am welcoming more changes!

 

"It's A Beautiful Morning"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Fun Times

DMV of NV - Do Your Job Please

Miller's Tavern in Vegas July 7, 2022