A Soft Landing

There's a famous quote that is appropriate for what I am feeling today. "The best journey takes you home."  

As I reflect back on the day I left my home in Las Vegas, another quote applies. “Chase your dreams but always know the road that will lead you home again.”  When I left Vegas, I was chasing my dreams, fulfilling a longing to go back to a city I loved. But, the vision I created was not fully realized. 

In the early stages of my return to Columbus, it was exciting and comforting to be back where I thought I belonged. Many positive things were happening all around me. I was now geographically closer to my son and grandchildren. I was doing new things, making new friends, and getting reacquainted with those I left behind. A new job came along and I was off to the races. I was focused and moving forward! 

I continued moving forward, at least for a while. During the 19 months that I spent away from Harry, I learned a valuable life lesson.  My home is the place that owns my heart and soul, the place that calls to my emotions.  

"Home" by Dolly Parton


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Fun Times

DMV of NV - Do Your Job Please

Miller's Tavern in Vegas July 7, 2022