Dating for Single Seniors Happens / My Personal Eyebrow Hack / Eyebrow Shapes Palette

 Dating for Single Seniors Happens
 
Dating for single seniors? Our adult children (and our grandchildren) seem to think that after a certain age, the desire to date isn't on the plate, or even a thought for that matter. Here's a shout-out to the younger generation: "Life doesn't come to a screeching halt at any age." We're seeing more and more seniors getting involved in various activities, and that includes dating.
 
At age 58, I took a big leap of faith and relocated more than 2000 miles away for my 8th grade crush. We dated long distance for a while, and it was finally decided that I would move to Las Vegas, NV. The honeymoon phase seemed to never stop, and we lived happily "ever-after" for more than eight years. 
 
It was great to experience new things in Las Vegas with my new partner. My first job in Vegas took me into the world of cosmetics, fragrances, and beauty. I was on top of the world again, and more doors opened. 

I joined a couple meetup groups and made a wide circle of new friends too, and more than 90% of the groups were comprised of seniors. We celebrated life together. Dining out, pool parties, potlucks, intimate dinners, card parties, BBQ's, travel, it was all on the table. I embraced my lifestyle in Vegas.
 
After four years, another change came about. I started working as a Travel Agent for a well-known, worldwide company, specializing in cruises. More doors opened. My partner and I went on our first cruise out of L.A.  More cruising followed.  
 
Many of the people that I have met in the past 15 years are retired or near retirement, and many of them are dating. In addition, they travel, attend functions, entertain friends, karaoke, dance, and explore new territory on a regular basis.   

I'm now single again and living in Columbus, OH. While I'm not dating at the moment, I'm not ruling it out either. Currently, I'm more interested in landing a job and reconnecting with my Columbus family and friends. It's great to be back!

Cosmetic Tips for Senior Ladies - Your Thinning Eyebrows
 
Always start with your eyebrows, not your eyeliner or shadow. 

A woman's eyebrows naturally become sparse or thin out as we age. A common mistake that we tend to make is lining the entire brow. Your first step should be to fill in the places where the hair is thinner. I use a powder for filling in, not a pencil. Using your eyebrow brush, gently blend the color across your brow. I use the powered eyeliner that often is included in a palate of eye shadows, a hack I discovered on my own. 

Begin your brow by placing a pencil vertically against the outside corner of your nose and align it with the inner corner of your eye. Keeping the pencil lined up against your nose, slant it toward the outside corner of your eye. This is where the brow should end. If you have brow hairs drooping in that area, trim them back. If they are too low, use a tweezer for removal. If you feel the end of the line is too low, cheat! Bump it up, give your eye a nice frame. 

By the way, I often use a eyebrow pencil for the end of my eyebrows, then soften it with the eyebrow brush.  

Below is a microfilling eyebrow pencil. This can be used to create a thicker, fuller brow. Try it on your forearm before applying to your face. 

Microfilling Eyebrow Pencil 



Which shape is you?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Fun Times

DMV of NV - Do Your Job Please

Miller's Tavern in Vegas July 7, 2022