How to Start Dating (for seniors) & Cosmetic Tips

New to the dating game at a tender stage and age in life? If you're in your senior years and suddenly find yourself wanting to date again, it's definitely an adjustment.  Several months after my second marriage ended, I decided to ease back into the dating scene. But how? I didn't realize I had taken the first step, and that was the decision to date, or at least try it. 

Moving right along, I had to decide how to put myself back on the market, so to speak. Wanting to avoid the bar scene, I started checking into dating sites. I recalled how a couple years earlier, a relative had used a dating site to meet men. It didn't work for her, but after conversing with other singles, I found that people were meeting on these sites and enjoying their dates and successful relationships. I still didn't sign up for a membership, although, later on, I did become a member of a dating site.

One day while lunching with a single girlfriend, she started talking about a weekly meeting that singles were attending, and they were not the younger crowd. My first thought.....they are bed hopping, possibly swingers. She was sure that wasn't going on with this group. Reluctantly, I accepted an invitation to go to one, just one, of her Sunday night meetings. That's all it took. 

Another chapter of my book of life was born! A new world opened up its doors. The weekly meetings became a lifestyle. New friends, new places, new adventures, I embraced all of it. I should tell you, my friend never went back to another meeting after that first night, but I was immediately hooked. That first meeting, I mostly talked with the women in the group. They were friendly, and I exchanged phone numbers with the hostess and a couple of the other ladies. 

Now it was time to start giving thought to my criteria for a date. If asked, how would I reply? What was acceptable for a first date?  My list was easy enough; dining out, a movie, or a public event such as a concert or ball game. The list of unacceptable invites was a party at a friend's house or any intimate plans, such as watching a movie at his place or soaking in his hot tub while sharing a bottle of wine. Any other criteria? Yes, of course! He had to be a non-smoker, didn't drink heavily or get stoned. This man had to have a neat appearance and act like a gentleman. 

What happened next will soon be revealed. How to say no, regaining your confidence, and more. 

Readers, want to share your experience or a funny story as a dating senior? Your story will be shared anonymously. 

Cosmetic Hack

As a woman ages, her body does produce less estrogen, often resulting in facial hair. This hair breaks through your foundation, causing your make-up to appear caked or cracked. For a smoother finish, apply your foundation to smooth skin. Regular use of hair removal products is recommended. Always test your product on a small spot that can't be easily noticed. Apply your makeup with a foundation brush for an even smoother finish. Instructional videos are posted on youtube.com.  

For facial hair removal, I use an electric epilator from time to time. It's safe and effective. I've used warm wax, but take precaution.  Another way to remove facial hair is with hair removal strips that don't require hot wax. No matter what method you use, you'll still have stubborn hairs (especially those gray ones) that stay in place. Use your tweezers ladies. 

For effective tweezers, buy Tweezerman brand. They may be pricier than other brands, but they are worth every dollar.

Coming Up: More about Senior Dating and Cosmetic Tips & Hacks



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Fun Times

DMV of NV - Do Your Job Please

Miller's Tavern in Vegas July 7, 2022